PDA

View Full Version : Architectural process

dxyner
09-14-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm trying to model some buildings but am not having much luck keeping meshes clean and efficient while trying to model both interior and exterior into one mesh. My question is what is the standard process for architectural modeling? Are the interior and exterior done both in one model in a sort of real world fashion, or is it more common that either interior or exterior is modeled depending on what the image requires with cuts to transition between the two?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dxyner

ingo
09-15-2004, 02:05 AM
As usual that depends on your job, but mostly i made different modells for exterior and interior. I should add that i do all my modelling in FormZ.

hth

JML
10-04-2004, 07:39 AM
for Architectural models we use formZ too, it's a good tool to create precise model,
but when we need to model something more oraganic (faucet,bath tube,etc..), I use LW modeller..

but no matter which modeller you use, make sure that your objects have correct dimension.. that's more important than having a clean model I think..
both are important but proportion are really important..

we also usually do 2 models too , for interiors and exteriors..

robinson
10-04-2004, 08:02 AM
It really depends on what kind of shots, perspectives or animations, you need or want to render later, almost everything thatís not in the camera view, you donít need to model. :D

I normally (almost always) work with different scenes, just plan your shots right at the beginning, than fake your model together, if you donít need perfect models, you know like CAD construction plans, you can do everything in Lightwave. :)

Wade
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
I keep my interior shots and exterior shots separate. Lightwave is as accurate as any cad program 1í-6.25Ē is 1í-6.25Ē... Now have better snap to tools, and CAD like drawing tools would help, but I have been able to do anything Architectural with Lightwave that I have needed.