PDA

View Full Version : 7.5d Function Keys Remapped?

Marcia
09-14-2004, 11:11 AM
I just updated to 7.5d, running under 10.3.3. In layout, the Function keys seem to have been remapped, although they appear in the correct position under Interface > Edit Keyboard Shortcuts

For example, in the past, pressing F9 rendered the current frame, F10 rendered scene and F11 rendered selected objects. NOW F9 shows all open windows, in both layout and modeler, F10 does something that I'm not sure the function of, F11 hides all windows and menus. In order to render, I have to press Command - F9 (F10, F11).

F3 and F4 keys appear to be mapped backwards, with F3 showing the Next Viewport Layout and F4 showing the Previous Viewport Layout.

Similar problems with other keys.

Question: Is this a bug, or have I screwed something up, or does anyone know how to fix this? Like I said earlier, everything APPEARS to be configured correctly in the Edit Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue, but it doesn't work that way when you use it.

Cross-posting this in the Mac section. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

marcia

Red_Oddity
09-15-2004, 04:31 AM
I think your having problems with Mac OS-X's expose...
Just turn it of in the Control Panel.

Marcia
09-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Yep, you were right. I turned off all the function keys in Exposť and everything's normal again. The only lasting fall out is that the function key battles seems to have corrupted the scene I was working on, but that's no big deal.

Thanks! :o

marcia