PDA

View Full Version : 7.5d remapped keys?

Marcia
09-14-2004, 11:09 AM
I just updated to 7.5d, running under 10.3.3. In layout, the Function keys seem to have been remapped, although they appear in the correct position under Interface > Edit Keyboard Shortcuts

For example, in the past, pressing F9 rendered the current frame, F10 rendered scene and F11 rendered selected objects. NOW F9 shows all open windows, in both layout and modeler, F10 does something that I'm not sure the function of, F11 hides all windows and menus. In order to render, I have to press Command - F9 (F10, F11).

F3 and F4 keys appear to be mapped backwards, with F3 showing the Next Viewport Layout and F4 showing the Previous Viewport Layout.

Similar problems with other keys.

Question: Is this a bug, or have I screwed something up, or does anyone know how to fix this? Like I said earlier, everything APPEARS to be configured correctly in the Edit Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue, but it doesn't work that way when you use it.

Cross-posting this in 7.5 bugs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

marcia

paintboy
09-14-2004, 03:08 PM
hi marcia,
sounds like apples expose'
has taken over your keyboard. ran into the same. the keys have been reassigned epose' which overides
LWs key assignments(kinda.... like you said if you look they seem ok)
i went to expose key commands and reassigned to prevent this.
7.5d/X.3.5/
hope this helps :)

Marcia
09-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks, Paintboy; that's what the NewTek tech said, too. I'll just tell my husband he screwed it up, so he can fix it. Unless I can just rip Exposť out of OSX by its throat? I could do that myself. ;)

marcia

eblu
09-15-2004, 07:43 AM
i would suggest changing expose.
you can change its settings in the system preferences, expose panel.

I personally locked it to hot corners rather than Fkeys so now LW works as expected, and expose works when i swipe the mouse to corners of the screen. very handy.

Marcia
09-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Thanks, Eblu. I had turned them off completely, but will go back and look at your way of doing things. Sounds like the best of both worlds. :)

marcia