PDA

View Full Version : Camera + HardFX Question, Please Help

Huggiebear
09-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey Guys, here's my situation. I'm trying to recreate a handheld camera look. In my scene I have camera and a wall. I want the camera to hit the wall and fall to the floor realistically following the correct laws of gravity. I'm pretty sure I can accomplish this easily using Hardfx. My only delema is connecting the Hardfx to the camera! Here's what I did. I created a dummy object in the shape of a real camera, created a wall, flew it at the wall using Hardfx and collision. Tweaked the settings till I got the motion that I liked. Now that I have it I can't link it to the camera for the life of me. Is there something I'm missing? I had the idea that once I created the correct motion I would bake it to xyz coordinates and attach that to the camera, but I can't seem to find how to bake the Hardfx motion to xyz coords. if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

CoryC
09-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Use the MakePath function on the hardFX edit tab. That will create a null that follows the hardFX motion. Then parent the camera to the null.