PDA

View Full Version : Smooth movement

Cunhambebe
09-13-2004, 05:14 PM
I was rendering a scene; I could see that box moving so smoothly but now I can see the whole model inside that "box" in "kicks"....frame by frame.....I must have hit something around here. How can I get that "box smooth movement" back, please? I mean, I don't want to "see" the whole model moving as I hit play>; how can I hide the model so that I can only see the "box" as it used to be? Help will be greatly appreciated.
:D
Thanks in advance

BeeVee
09-14-2004, 01:42 AM
In Display Options (keyboard shortcut: d), turn Bounding Box threshold down to a low number, say 1000. If your object has fewer than 1000 vertices it will still show up as the model when playing, but it shouldn't stutter.

B

Cunhambebe
09-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Thanks for taking time to respond. As a matter of fact, as a newbie, I am trying and playing a bit...I don't know why I used to see only that box floating around, but now I can see the model inside that box. When just the box was visible, its movement was smooth but I couldn't set light correctly, obviously. Now I can set light and other elements...have also located Image Viewer, Viper, etc....but the box movement is definitely rough. Anyway, I'll try your guide and post a message back as soon as I finish rendering a scene (wow, it takes time, as you render a sky along with the model - I'll post another topic on this). Lightwave rocks!!!!
Thanks again, merci beaucoup mon ami.