PDA

View Full Version : Avid plugin for VT2?

DefcomDMC
09-13-2004, 01:40 PM
I had a long-time friend and fellow Toaster(er?) pose this question to me...

Is there a plugin somewhere out there to enable Avid DV to utilize the power of the VT2 card?

Is this even possible?

Hope I haven't stumble across 2 stupid questions, but let me know.

kirkmorger
09-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Do they have a downloadable demo of Avid DV? (web site?)

When you say "power of the VT2 card", would VT[3] be OK? Also, are you looking for RTV support, Framebuffer, or both?

Jim Capillo
09-13-2004, 04:05 PM
:D LOL !

Wouldn't that sorta be like an Edsel body mounted on a Porsche suspension/engine ?????? :p

MediaSig
09-13-2004, 06:00 PM
Do they have a downloadable demo of Avid DV? (web site?)

When you say "power of the VT2 card", would VT[3] be OK? Also, are you looking for RTV support, Framebuffer, or both?

Yes they do. I think it's called 'AVID Free DV.' You should be able to find a link and download it off their website. Nothing to write home about...but if you were able to get IT to use RTV files and VT Framebuffer, then the FULL VERSION might work as well.

Wow...that would be a trip to be able to use that interface.

Greg

videoguy
09-15-2004, 09:54 AM
exaclty I can't think of any reason anyone would wanna use that nasty avid interface of the much more intutive VT3 but good luck Kirk

MediaSig
09-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Hey Kirk,

Let me know if there is any other info you might want on this.

Were you able to find the free version on avid.com?

Just curios,
Greg

kirkmorger
09-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Thank you for reminding me!
I'll try to get a look at it this evening. I'm thinking maybe even the non-pro version would talk to Mojo (because they appear to be able to sell it seperately), so if there was something that Looked like Mojo, it might talk to that as well... :D

Tim Johnson
09-17-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm not a big fan of the Avid interface, but their media management tools are AWESOME. It'd be great to be able to use the Avid with a VT hook on those projects that require in-depth media management.

GO KIRK! You d'man!

eon5
09-17-2004, 10:39 AM
kirkmorger good luck ! :)

are you looking for RTV support, Framebuffer, or both?

BOTH ! ;)

kirkmorger
09-17-2004, 11:09 AM
I ran into a slight snag on this, but I hope to get started soon. I did get it downloaded, but my access to an XP machine needed to run the software is quite limited. I hope to have this issue resolved soon, but it may take a little while. :(

MediaSig
09-17-2004, 12:25 PM
No worries, Kirk. I'm just happy your wanting to tackle this.

I'm sure it's been said before, but it's GREAT having people like yourself in the VT community. You're time is greatly appreciated.

;-)

Greg

eon5
10-15-2004, 04:31 PM
kirkmorger, any news ?

tkx :)

MediaSig
10-15-2004, 05:19 PM
I might be wrong...and please let me know if I am...but I think Kirk is now working full time for NewTek.

If that's the case, I doubt we'll ever see this completed by Kirk.

*sigh* :(

But on the bright side, Congratulations on the new GIG! Working for NewTek has got to be pretty cool!

:cool:

Greg

Scott Bates
10-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Yup, Andrew confirmed on the VTNT mail list recently that Kirk IS now a NewTek employee.

panleft
10-17-2004, 01:07 PM
AVID ?? hay why not Edit 6 and while you at it would you even do Dvision :rolleyes:

Just Fix Ted and we will look at no other system

MediaSig
10-17-2004, 02:21 PM
AVID ?? hay why not Edit 6 and while you at it would you even do Dvision :rolleyes:

Just Fix Ted and we will look at no other system

If TeD had everything I needed, then I wouldn't have to have Avid Xpress Pro along side it in my system. ;)

Oh well...the buffer support would have been nice.

Greg

eon5
10-17-2004, 09:00 PM
AVID ?? hay why not Edit 6

Pinnacle frame buffer here:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showpost.php?p=180351&postcount=9

eon5
01-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Hello... any news ?

eon5
10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
I ran into a slight snag on this, but I hope to get started soon. I did get it downloaded, but my access to an XP machine needed to run the software is quite limited. I hope to have this issue resolved soon, but it may take a little while. :(

Hi kirkmorger

Whats going on ? :bowdown:

kirkmorger
10-31-2005, 10:59 PM
I tried to get Avid DV's 'demo' to work on 3 or 4 different XP machines, never getting much further than the opening screen. I assume that the software that people actually pay for works better, but I must say, it didn't make a good impression.

If things slow down later, I'll see if they have a working version.

eon5
11-01-2005, 06:23 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH !

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lightwolf
11-01-2005, 07:28 AM

Edit 6 support for the VT? Hehe, that would be extremely cool, then I would actually use the VT ;)
Cheers,
Mike

eon5
01-15-2006, 10:33 AM
I tried to get Avid DV's 'demo' to work on 3 or 4 different XP machines, never getting much further than the opening screen. I assume that the software that people actually pay for works better, but I must say, it didn't make a good impression.

If things slow down later, I'll see if they have a working version.

Hi

any news ?