PDA

View Full Version : Candy

tickle
09-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi,

After I have eaten my reference material the only thing I can give you is this picture.

After trying to get the translucency right with the built in tools I called a friend of mine and borrowed his computer with Worley G2 installed.
After a couple of hours of tweeking I managed to get pretty happy with the reults.
This is a super shader that I need to put room for in my next budget.

After struggling with caustics for an eternity I faked it with colored point lights.

What do you think???

wacom
09-13-2004, 09:34 AM
I like 'em! Does G2 not work with caustics? Maybe you could have copied the mesh of each object, taken G2 off of it, hidden it from the camera and such, and used it's caustics?

Nice candies though and I didn't even notice the "caustics" were points until you said something!

Dave Davies
09-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Looks good enough to eat!

tickle
09-13-2004, 01:09 PM
The thing about the caustics was that I was not able to get them even between the objects.

Even though ...
1. all the objects has roughly the same transparency, refraction properties and so on ...
2. all objects placed "in the same manner" in relation to the caustic light source.

ONE or SOME of the objects generated very burnt out caustic "splotches" while others were barly visible.
I even tried with dedicated light sources for caustics but with no success.
I just bailed out and used the point lights.

veljko
09-13-2004, 02:06 PM
looks totaly eatable:)
i like it!

i often have problems acheaving a good caustics feel in LW..

Ztreem
09-13-2004, 03:35 PM
Nice! Looks yummy! :D That isn't Haribo Nappar, is it?

You should make a darker shadow just under the candy(napparna) so it doesn't feel like they are flying in the air.

tickle
09-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Yepp, this is the Haribo stuff! Some clasic "Nappar" as they are called here in Sweden ;). But these are the newer smaller ones.

Thanks!

Ztreem
09-14-2004, 02:51 AM
OK, there's some new ones, didn't know.

I got so inspired of your candy so I did one my self, just for fun. :D

My Spinquad thread (http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3083)

tickle
09-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Looks good,

there is always nice to inspire people!
I saw that you did the larger original Haribos.

Smask!