PDA

View Full Version : Why Have The Streams Stoped

Hypershade
09-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Just was wondering whats up with the siggraph streams and the live backups, wasnt newtek stating they were expecting to receive them a couple weeks ago

Hypershade
09-14-2004, 10:06 PM
>>>>>>>>>>

pauland
09-15-2004, 01:05 AM
Stream Archives (http://www.newtek.com/shows/siggraph/2004/index.html) <<<<<<

Hypershade
09-15-2004, 01:13 AM
Stream Archives (http://www.newtek.com/shows/siggraph/2004/index.html) <<<<<<

Yes I know, that is exactly what I am talking about

I asked why they stoped, not where are they

pauland
09-15-2004, 01:16 AM

With responses like that, I'll take care not to bother to try and be helpful next time. Two 'p' s in stopped BTW..

badllarma
09-15-2004, 09:18 AM

The reason they have stopped is that Siggraph is no longer on, it is a show that is on for several days. The streams have stopped because the show finished serveral weeks ago! And because it was a LIVE stream, of course it is no longer avalible.

Pauland very helpfully directed you to the copies of some of the shows that were recorded, as far as I know there are no more recordings so thats your lot, so to speak. :)

There are more video tutorials on the Newtek web site if that is what your actually after
:confused:

Kurtis
09-15-2004, 10:23 AM
There is a reason no new stream clips have been posted.

We are in the process of investigating a full archive of the streams that were recorded from the source, rather than over the web. If this proves to be a viable source for clips, you will all be able to download and view much higher quality clips than were available in any other way previously.

Since this should answer Hypershade's original question, and to avoid any further back-and-forth, I will be closing this thread now.