PDA

View Full Version : new lightwave video tutorials on the way

zecryan
09-11-2004, 07:24 AM
Hi, I am about to begin on making some video tutorial for lightwave, at first i am just going to make a few release them and ask for feedback and depending on the feedback from you people, that will make me deside if i will processed with making more video's. know there are just a few questions that i want to ask you guys first. first off, i am going to be using hypercam but does anyone know of any other program, under 100 dollars that records the screen and audio with a smaller size format, i mean that take up less space or maybe a program the converts it to a different format that takes up less space. my other question is how would you like emto teach lightwave. i have to ideas for teaching lightwave and here they are:

1. I can going over with quite a few DVLT's (Digital Video Learning Tool the name of my new website if i processed further with this) most of the tools that lightwave offers and then get into some project

or

2. just give a breif intro to lightwave modeler and layout and learn the tool by doing project.

your feedback is very important to me. I hope to be starting theses tutorial very soon. thank you for you time.

midosujisen
09-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Do something that hasn't been covered yet by the others producing video tutorials, or do something that others have produced better, or do something way cheaper than everyone else.

I think there is a current lack video tutorials dealing specifically with lighting and texturing at a decent price. It would be hard to beat the stuff Mr. Lost Pencil is putting out at his price point.

kevinmcpoland
09-11-2004, 07:43 AM
I think there would be a market for decent Special FX tuts...I mean, we have lots of modelling and character type stuff, but there seems little in the area of video tuts for things like Rocket trails, meteor storms, shockwaves, lazer fire etc etc

I know there are some (but still not many) web tuts, but personally I like the thought of good video ones...

Kev McP

JohnMarchant
09-11-2004, 08:53 AM
We could do with some good Dynamics and EFX Tutorials, agree with kevin, loads of character and rigging tutorials. In fact you could probably make a decent book on it, now that would be something different (Howard its you im talking to :):)).

Anyway look forward to seeing some of your stuff, but like we said make it different to the rest thats around, John

;) ;) ;)

Jeff_G
09-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Stay away from the basics. They have been done to death. How about some advanced concepts like changing the mood of a scene with lighting, camera mapping or integrating fx with live-action.

zecryan
09-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Well I guess alot of you want FX type tutorials. The thing is, I want Digital Video Learning Tool to be a place for new comers to learn lightwave and to be able to download beginner tutorial for free too.

UnCommonGrafx
09-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Kudos to you for your ambition and enthusiasm. Don't let the high falutin stuff get ya down as there are LOTS of beginners that want what you want to share.

Beginners need all they can get. Another offering would be good.

If this is for money, the market is pretty saturated. And it has to be GREAT and CHEAP. ;)

Good luck in your endeavors.

zecryan
09-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Poll added

Xorlium
09-12-2004, 09:17 AM
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/2/6/11-2-6-5.shtml

Camstudio is a free screen recording tool... I haven't used it though, but I've heard it's good. :)

To encode video, I recommend the xvid codec... open source and free too :)

Edit:
http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

Forgot about that...

zecryan
09-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Camstudio cost 300 dollars last time i heard.

mouse_art
09-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Camstudio cost 300 dollars last time i heard.

No, that's Camtasia Studio from Techsmith, Camstudio was from EHelp(Robohelp products), and is a handy little Tool. :)