PDA

View Full Version : Animating springs

exit6
09-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know a good way to animate a spring compressing and uncompressing? I don't want to just use scale because I need to maintain the diameter of the wire, know what I mean? I tried making a spiral with an open curve, scaling that and rail extruding those for my object and my morph target, but it did some weird thing as I knew it would. Any ideas?

toonafish
09-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Use "Bend Tool" in Layout on a long tube.

Does anyone know a good way to animate a spring compressing and uncompressing? I don't want to just use scale because I need to maintain the diameter of the wire, know what I mean? I tried making a spiral with an open curve, scaling that and rail extruding those for my object and my morph target, but it did some weird thing as I knew it would. Any ideas?

exit6
09-10-2004, 12:50 PM
OK, I know the bend tool in Modeler, but not in Layout...I can model the spring just fine, it's getting it to squash without "flattening" that's the problem.

Capt Lightwave
09-10-2004, 12:56 PM
OK, I know the bend tool in Modeler, but not in Layout...I can model the spring just fine, it's getting it to squash without "flattening" that's the problem.

Nope, never again...hopefully.

http://home.no.net/tbj69/Gallery/T03.htm

exit6
09-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Just what I needed.

Realimagesvideo
09-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Try morph targets.