PDA

View Full Version : Morhin and Splines

ReaLisM
09-10-2004, 04:45 AM
Hey Gang!

I have a little dillema. I am makin a character using splines, which are in a seperate layer to the polys.What I am tryin to do is morph facial expressions using the spline mesh, then delete the polys in the other layer that have been affected by the spline and add the new ones in.

Now when i add a morph, adjust the spline, then create the new mesh, the polys i create seem to be magically formin where the spline was originally in :eek:

Whats goin on, and i please hope i can morph using this technique, ie splines and meshs ect , as i am really gettin the hang of splines.

Cheers

Mike

toonafish
09-10-2004, 12:29 PM
I think you have to "bake" the morph before patching. You can do this by using "apply morph" in the base-morph state.

Hey Gang!

I have a little dillema. I am makin a character using splines, which are in a seperate layer to the polys.What I am tryin to do is morph facial expressions using the spline mesh, then delete the polys in the other layer that have been affected by the spline and add the new ones in.

Now when i add a morph, adjust the spline, then create the new mesh, the polys i create seem to be magically formin where the spline was originally in :eek:

Whats goin on, and i please hope i can morph using this technique, ie splines and meshs ect , as i am really gettin the hang of splines.

Cheers

Mike

ReaLisM
09-10-2004, 12:56 PM
thanks toonafish. I will give that a go soon and I will let you know how it goes.

:o