PDA

View Full Version : Modeler display problem with new G5

chuckmoser
09-09-2004, 08:53 PM
I'm having a weird problem with Modeler (7.5d) which I just installed on my new G5.
In the quad layout, the perspective window performs as expected, but the other three turn completely white. If I invert the layers, they turn black. Really bizzare.
Has anyone else run into this?

Dual 1.8 G5, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra

Thanks, Chuck

vrolfak
09-09-2004, 09:50 PM
so itīs only in the quad layout? if you have 2 or 3 viewports it woks as it should but in quad it doesnīt?

Ozzie
09-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Same thing happened to me. I turned on, Simple Wireframe points and it went away.

CHEERS.

Mark

chuckmoser
09-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Hey, thanks! That worked great!
How the heck did you figure that out?

exit6
09-10-2004, 12:24 PM
I had this problem too and I've been modeling in 7.5 because of it. Thanks. Can you solve this problem? I get purple weirdness in layout.

marble_sheep
09-10-2004, 12:57 PM
I had this problem too and I've been modeling in 7.5 because of it. Thanks. Can you solve this problem? I get purple weirdness in layout.

Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one having the Layout glitch. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it, besides the obvious answer of it being a "graphics card issue." Modeler stopped doing it when I turned on Simple points/edges/whatever (same thing I had to do way back in old 7.5 days) but I haven't been able to fix the Layout bug. Anybody find a reason/solution?

exit6
09-10-2004, 03:06 PM
I have a bad feeling that I'm going to have to get a new graphics card.

Paul Goodrich
09-10-2004, 10:37 PM
I wonder if this layout bug is the same that I had (20" iMac G4) When rotating in layout I would get blank screen filled with a single primary color. Rotating again made it go away, come back , go away, etc. Updating to 8.0.1 seems to have solved it for me. But I still have to turn on simple points in modeler. The update doesn't fix the modeler bug.
Paul Goodrich

Ozzie
09-22-2004, 11:53 PM
chuckmoser, exit6. It was a complete accident that I found a workable solution. I just started clicking anything that changes the view settings. I guess using Lightwave since version5 has given me some experience in getting Lightwave to work. The purple screen seems to happen with high polygon scenes, I haven't found a solution for it yet. It is **** frustrating that a package like Lightwave can be so bug ridden out of the box. Nothing has changed in 6 years.

Glad to be of assistance.

CHEERS.

Mark

I didn't realise d_a_m_n was a swear word.