PDA

View Full Version : Has the 16-bit grayscale Tiff issue been solved?

kfinla
09-09-2004, 10:40 AM
I sadly havent been using LW as much as i'd like, we just went throught crunch time for one film here at work.

Lynx 3d wrote an importer for LW to accept 16-bit grayscale tifs froim Zbrush for PC, and there was a make the .tif extension actually .tiff files trick. But as far as I know theres no native support.

I was working on somthing myself with codewarrior, but just havent had time. And im no programmer. Im honestly Hoping Newtek or a real programmer can solve this pretty basic problem.

strongarm27
09-09-2004, 04:18 PM
I second that motion as zbrush 2 is about out for the mac and you guesssed it, it outputs
these type of grayscale maps. I only hope that even if there is a importer lightwave
can use the extra data.

strongarm27

Beamtracer
09-09-2004, 09:58 PM
It's not only grayscale. Lightwave doesn't accept 16bpc images. Not grayscale or RGB. Not for image maps, nor for backdrops.

16bpc RGB is now the standard image format for high quality broadcast and film production.

I've been requesting for years that Lightwave should be able to input 16bpc images, if Newtek wants it to remain valid in the film and broadcast domain. Fell on deaf ears :(

jasonwestmas
09-09-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm Third on this list! :D Whoops, I guess I'm fourth now. Beam snuck in before me. :p