PDA

View Full Version : ScreamerNet can't find my CPUs

exit6
09-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Hi, I'm running a registered copy of LW8 on a dual processor G5 and I'm trying to render a bunch of scenes while I sleep. Since I'm posting this at 2:30 am, you can see it's not working. I keep getting this error when I initialize: "No Available ScreamerNet CPU's were detected." I've looked at a bunch of tutorials and searched all over, but I can't figure out what's wrong. Any suggestions???

meanlebh
09-08-2004, 08:35 AM
you are certainly not the first to have problems with setting up screamernet...it seems to be very picky. somehow i was able to actually get mine up and running the first time i tried, here are the cmd lines that i used, compare them to yours and see if there is anything you need to change.

LWSN cmdLine:

-2 -c"Macintosh HD:Users:Brian:Library:Preferences" -d"Macintosh HD:Animation:" job1 ack1

LWSN-2 cmdLine:

-2 -c"Macintosh HD:Users:Brian:Library:Preferences" -d"Macintosh HD:Animation:" job2 ack2

i am running a dual g5 as well, and these settings have worked for me and allowed me to use each processor as a different node. good luck.

exit6
09-08-2004, 09:50 AM
I'll see if it works.