PDA

View Full Version : Symmetry tool fickle....

ACLOBO
09-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone is having any probs with the symmetry tool. Prior to my 8.0.1 update, the tool worked reasonably well. Now, it seems to not work all that realiably. For instance, I had a model and I noticed that some polys on the opposite side were not being selected. So, I picked on side, and mirrored it to replace those trouble polys - the symmetry tool still didn't pick up the opposite ones even when they were brand new mirrors of the original polys.

Anyone?

-Adrian

pvillotti
09-08-2004, 07:36 AM
I really have no solution but I have noticed this "GLITCH" as well. I have kinda reset the model by saving it and reloading it. That has helped.

Walking away and having a stiff drink will do nothing for the project but will help clear your head. :p

Silkrooster
09-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Actually I think the update has decreased this from happening, before the update it was happening all the time, now I notice it once in awhile.
If you have a vertex down the middle of your object, you may want to select one half of your object, use the set value tool to set the values to zero(assuming your object is at world center), delete that half of the object, then mirror your object(Make sure you have the merge points set in the mirror numeric panel or use the merge command after the mirror command). Now your polys and points should work in symmetry mode.
Silk