PDA

View Full Version : set skelegon weight, faster way?

sicean
04-03-2003, 01:19 PM
assigning weight maps to skelegons has always been a tedious process for me. especially now that i have a character with an unusually neck and long limbs. i'm using a LOT of skelegons, even more than usual for me. many of these skelegons need to be assigned to the same weightmap, but using skelegon tree or set skelegon weight only allows me to do one skelegon at a time.

there has to be a way to set many skelegons to the same weight map at once. any help is appreciated.

hrgiger
04-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Well as long as you have your weightmap made, all you have to do in the skelegon tree is to double click the weight map space and select your weight map from a drop down list. It only takes a few seconds for each one but it's best way I know to do it. As far as I know, this is the fastest way. Good thing is, you only have to do it once and save it with the model file.

I'm usually so glad to be done making my weight maps that I don't mind the few seconds it takes to assign each one to a skelegon.

TerryFord
04-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Fastest way to set multiple bones to one weightmap would probably be to do it in Layout via the spreadsheet.

If you really must have the assignments in modeler you could use LoadBones from Dstorm to load them into Modeler as skelegons from the scene file once you've set them all up.

Check out Skelegon Editor too, also from Dstorm, It'll let you do offset parenting of skelegons (child skelegon positions not snapped to the end of their parent like in Modeler).

regards,
Terry

faulknermano
04-03-2003, 06:43 PM
http://thespread.topcities.com/SkelegonUtilities.zip
(save target as...)

Frankie
04-04-2003, 01:53 PM
I thought that giving the weight map the same name as the bone assigned it automaticly, or maby it was just a fantastic dream.