PDA

View Full Version : Plugin support for Express

UnCommonGrafx
02-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Add plug-in support and more will converse here. :)
And make FX monkey somehow work with the standalone, for those of us who have invested in both.

Tired of seeing a zero for number of posts,
Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

Willax
02-15-2003, 10:00 AM
Just curious as to why an animator would want a VT? Do you need to have a single frame recorder to maximize it, and if not what equipment would I expect to have to get in order to use it to the fullest? If all it is doing is acting as an interface output to video tape it seems like I could do that with my video card. I know about the editing capabilities and yes, that would be a plus for putting together demo reels, shorts, etc. I guess my biggest question is that of output. Does it output in user selectable frame rates? And do I need TBC's to make it work?

DigitalDeuce
02-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Hmm - why would an animator want a T2.

Ok - first to address your specific questions:

1. You don't need a single frame recorder. It is one !
2. To utilize it fullest, you'll need a RAID or fast harddrive for video storage.
3. It is doing WAAAAAY more than acting as an interface between your computer and tape.
4. You don't need TBC's.

I got mine because I saw that I couldn't get much work "just as an animator". Being able to produce complete works made me much more marketable. With the T2, I can do that so much faster, that is, produce complete works much faster -- and be able to edit in live footage - but that's the "editing" aspect that you said you know about.

There's many other reasons too -- like being able to see your renders fast onto a production monitor, seeing whether you are 'color legal' with the scopes -

There are many more reasons, and I'm sure many will chime in -- but keep this in mind -- Zoic Studios (they did Firefly) have a Toaster2 at each of the animator's workstations.

~~Deuce

Captain Zinc
02-16-2003, 01:43 PM
what in zeus's name are tcb?

UnCommonGrafx
02-16-2003, 02:26 PM
T = Tension
C = Continuity
B = Bias

UnCommonGrafx
02-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Ahh,
But your real question was, "What's a TBC?"

It's a Time Base Corrector to get multiple cameras all to sync (blink, if you will) at the same time.
You needed one with the Classic Amiga Video Toaster.

Faraz
02-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Don't add plug-in support then it won't be LightWave Express anymore. Do hardcode in the LightWave FX compiler. Just my oppion...

I need a Toaster, I haven't had one for 3 weeks-
Faraz Ahmed

UnCommonGrafx
02-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Huh? Where the heck are you, Faraz???

Man, I can't imagine the withdrawals you are having.

;)
Hope you get one at your fingertips soon.
Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

Faraz
02-26-2003, 05:47 PM
At home, just don't have a Toaster right now. I'm not doin well. :)