PDA

View Full Version : Brazil 2.0

luka
09-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi People,
not sure if anyone has posted this but read the part where they use OSX for development:). Could we have another great rendering engine at our disposal?

http://forums.splutterfish.com/viewtopic.php?t=3901&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=e2999e3ff8979bd45f932e0d12
:D

Darth Mole
09-07-2004, 01:58 AM
Ooh, interesting. A hot source of mine has intimated that some very cool things are coming for LightWave soon - I wonder if this is one of them?

If they're running Brazil on a PocketPC for fun, you figure that they could make a Mac/PC LW version for money...

marble_sheep
09-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Very interesting indeed! The post did make it pretty obvious that they were developing for other platforms, and what's really interesting is that Brazil is available as an SDK.

Now that we have this API, several integrations can occur at the same time - SplutterFish will not be the integrator on all of them.

This statement sounds to me like other software packages have taken hold of Brazil's API and will use it in their own rendering solutions. How cool would that be if LW was one of them. The render engine is in bad need of an update, and this would be an easy way to do it. C'mon, Newtek! :cool: