PDA

View Full Version : Depatcher

riki
09-06-2004, 07:24 AM
Does anybody else use Depatcher? It use to work fine in 7.5 but I can't load it in 8. It's an LS so obviously editable, I'm just wonderring if anyone can suggest what might be going wrong.

Edit: Here's the link http://www.flay.com/getdetail.cfm?ID=1374 and a direct link to the ZIP file http://www.flay.com/plugs/downloads/f_depatcher.zip

Lynx3d
09-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Well, donno what problem you have, works fine with LW 8.01.

But i can give you a script that is twice as fast :D

@script modeler

main
{
selmode(USER);
selpolygon(CLEAR);
selpolygon(SET,PATCH);
togglepatches();
}

riki
09-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey thanks Lynx, that's great works even better than the original :)

I also stumbled upon a solution myself which is amazing since I know zilch about scripting.Anyway when I tried to open the original depatcher script in the LW8 LScript Editor, I got an error message saying that the script couldn't be read becuase it containned binary characters. So then I opened in in BBEdit and noticed that it looked like your normal gardern variety .ls NOT a compiled RTLscript, but with a few special charaters in the copyright comments. Anyway after deleting the copyright statement entirely I found, surprise surprise it works again.

But many thanks I'll use your version from now on.
:D

Lynx3d
09-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Yea the LScript Editor gives me that binary error pretty often, but somehow it never meant that the script won't work in Lightwave...same with this one.
Obviously the Editor insists in ASCII-characters, and on some systems the LScript core too...

Btw, i think i lost the last "selpolygon(CLEAR);" :D

riki
09-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Oh cool so the full script should look like this. Many thanks I'll post some other buggy lscripts soon, so ps take a peek if you get a chance.

@script modeler

main
{
selmode(USER);
selpolygon(CLEAR);
selpolygon(SET,PATCH);
togglepatches();
selpolygon(CLEAR);
}

Lynx3d
09-07-2004, 07:39 PM
right, just clears the selection afterwards...may safe you a whole click :D
(I wonder when people start counting fractional clicks)