PDA

View Full Version : I need a friend...how sad

Csion
09-05-2004, 11:19 PM
I haven't got anyone to talk to that uses lightwave...and i feel so un-social when talknig about LW on the forums... :(

is anyone looking for someone who comes online alot, enjoys long strolls on the beach and warm summer days, to share ideas and tip with? :rolleyes:

im getting lonely! :o

-Jace

js33
09-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Are you female? :D

Just kidding but there's plenty of like minded LWers right here. No need to be lonely.

Cheers,
JS

Csion
09-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Im a guy...lol, I just felt like being dramatic!

Im 15 and i have an intermediate skill level of Lightwave modeler and layout...

does anyone have AOL , MSN messenger or something of the sort that wants to.

I dont care about the age, just help me out.

-Jace

lesterfoster
09-06-2004, 11:27 AM
You should look to see if there is a user group in your area. I am a member of the LW user group in my area. We meet once a month. It is grate.

particle
09-06-2004, 12:07 PM
You should check on Friends of NewTek (http://www.friendsofnewtek.com) for a group. It looks like there is one in Florida, not sure how close it is to you. Good luck!

particle

CB_3D
09-06-2004, 04:29 PM
You should check on Friends of NewTek (http://www.friendsofnewtek.com) for a group. It looks like there is one in Florida, not sure how close it is to you. Good luck!

particle

Isnīt there an ICQ LW group? Never used that soft, but basically itīs a real-time chat, i think.

Silkrooster
09-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Isnīt there an ICQ LW group? Never used that soft, but basically itīs a real-time chat, i think.
Yes ICQ is an instant messager. I haven't used it in years, but that software is prone or was prone to getting adult ads. Especially if you mark the publisize box when installing the software. So Csion, be very careful using that software, there are a bunch of nuts on the net. I recommend you using a forum like this. We all try to help and the forum is censored by the administrators so if any one gets out of line they get kick off the forum.
Silk

Csion
09-06-2004, 10:48 PM
thanks everyone....I am going to look for a group nearby, that would be great!

-Jace

Bytehawk
09-07-2004, 06:19 AM
If you know IRC, you're always wellcome on the LW Irc channel :

log onto the 'EntertheGame' server, then hop into the #lw3d channel

just do a search for mirc, install it. Should be quite straightforward.

art
09-07-2004, 10:19 AM
but that software is prone or was prone to getting adult ads.
Yes, soon after aol bought icq (or whatever happened there) there was a flood of ads, mostly adult oriented which has never happened before. I almost gave up on icq back then. I think they fixed it somehow and the current security settings allow to block most of the unwanted stuff. Its actually better than it used to before. Spamming on icq is not a problem for me anymore.

Sadly, once in the new hands, icq lost a couple of features i particularly liked:
reminders and online email checks for any pop/smtp account