PDA

View Full Version : inside the ocean looking out...

ingo
09-03-2004, 12:25 PM
...and seeing this nice appartment house.

danilo
09-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Nice picture,only......
it looks like you have two easts.
Sky behind the building should be darker at the bottom.
danilo

emperorchuck
09-03-2004, 03:39 PM
While I personally feel that resort hotels and their ilk are a nauseating blight, that in no way detracts from the quality of your work. Very nicely done on the model. It seems as though such a building would have exterior lighting and landscaping, though. It's really dark at the top.

ingo
09-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the comments. The sky is a real sky sphere so this is natural. I'm looking out of the ocean (-3 m) up to the appartment building, thats why the lower sky and the landscaping isn't visible. I liked the twilight zone mood, so i didn't add lighting to the building.

Hervé
09-05-2004, 05:53 AM
really nice render Ingo ! the environment is really ZEN, cool I like it a lot... I really like the mood also ... Are you using a Dosch HDRI ? ;) :)

ingo
09-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Ah yes, missed your comment already ;) Yes this is a Dosch HDRI, a friend who uses them with C4D sended me this sample for me to test. Sadly they messed up the horizon. Seems that from Dosch only the 3D modells are useful, the textures are mostly cheap crap. I'll take a look at Sachform for HDRI's.

Hervé
09-05-2004, 11:15 PM
You're right, the sachform are much better, and I know they were made with this expensive camera... I dont recall the name though... anyway, cool render.... ;)

ingo
09-06-2004, 12:42 AM
So are they made with that one shot 360 camera ? I have only heard that the Sachform HDRI's are made with more pictures (than for example the Dosch HDRI) to get a smoother dynamic range.

Hervé
09-06-2004, 01:09 AM
in fact it looks like Sachform post process his HDRI's better... but yeah that 360° cam gives the best Dynamic range.... you 'll still have to blur it a bit the HRD in LW though to get a smooth look... someone said EXR' ar better for this fact.... what do you think?

ingo
09-06-2004, 05:19 AM
Well i dont use them for lighting just as a nice backround, so it is sometimes an overkill. And 16Bit per channel like EXR will be enough.

Hervé
09-06-2004, 05:29 AM
Anyway, nice render again... were is that impressive building going to be located...? I guess by the ocean... ;)