PDA

View Full Version : VTFlyer clips to VT2

Jim Appleby
09-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Before departing with my dear old videotaster(Amiga) I saved some of my clips thinking one day I could use them on the new VT2. Alas...I can find no documentation...Aura does not seem to import them..help! :eek:

robewil
09-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Aura will import the video from flyer clips but not the audio. I think the best way, however, is to just capture the output of your Toaster/Flyer into your VT system as an rtv file. The quality loss should be minimal.

Jim Appleby
09-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks. That is what I thought as well. So I saved the clips and now my flyer is gone to a good home. Can u list step by step how one would do it with Aura? I set my project to be 720x486, selected file/import and selected the file. Nothing. I even set the mode to flyer first. Do I need to create an anim file first? :rolleyes:

Jim_C
09-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Add .fly to the end of the actual flyer clip for Aura to recognize it.

Then file->inport->sequence

Then deselect Pre-Load. This will make the clip load instantaneous.
If preload is checked Aura loads all the file inofo for the clip which can take a long long time.

After importing the *.fly sequence the bar on the layer panel should be red. that is your clip.
Then choose the type of file you would like to export to from the Mode menu.
Whatever your choose from the mode menu is the format your project converts to.
RTV is best quality but the largest. AVI, DV is a good choice and cross between quality and size.

then choose export sequence.

That should do it.

Jim

Jim Appleby
09-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks ever so much Jim! I knew it had to be easy... :D