PDA

View Full Version : tiny Wonderlens Studios - BIG Taco Bell Toy Deal

surferjoe
09-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Wonderlens Studios Lands Big Taco Bell Toy Deal!
September 2, 2004

Wonderlens Studios, a small, independent animation house in Southern California, has landed a mighty big toy deal with Taco Bell Corp.

How big? Try 2.85 million toys, all based on characters created by Wonderlens and featured on their independently released DVD, Wonderlens presents: Aquarium of the Aliens. Participating Taco Bell locations throughout the U.S. will be distributing six different Wonderlens TOYS as part of a kidsí meal promo over a period of roughly six weeks, starting Labor Day weekend, 2004.

Each toy comes with a passport and secret code, giving kids (of all ages) access to the Club Wonderlens website for games, downloads and plenty of alien arts & spacecrafts.

Wonderlens Studios, based about an hour south of Los Angeles, is releasing an Ultra Mega Really Really Special Edition of their DVD to coincide with the promotion. The special edition has new animation, is fully remastered and has extensive new bonus features. Among them is an Alien Toy Laboratory, which shows kids how to create dozens of inventive alien paper toys. All the materials needed are supplied on the DVD.

So how small is Wonderlens Studios? Just two people Ė an Emmy Award winning husband and wife animation team. But what they lack in numbers, they make up for with experience, having built memorable cg characters including Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and his cg parents, Casper the Friendly Ghost and the Ghostly Trio, Thing (Addams Family) and the planet-devouring Galactus from Marvelís Silver Surfer. The duo also produced a 3D IMAX movie, Santa vs the Snowman, which will be revisiting IMAX theaters this holiday season.

All Lightwave, for web, print, animation and toy design!

WilliamVaughan
09-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Congrats! This is great news...I hope to make toys one day as well!

surferjoe
09-03-2004, 10:39 AM
And I always hoped to teach one day, as you will soon.
Good luck to you and your new teaching career.

object
09-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Very inspiring deal.

Rich
09-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Congrats! This is indeed inspiring stuff. My wife is currently learning 3d as part of her degree program. Once she is experienced enough I hope to work with her on projects in the future. I showed her this story so she can see what a small duo can accomplish.

Bytehawk
09-05-2004, 04:22 PM
WOW !!

that is super cool. Congrats both of ya.