PDA

View Full Version : Symmetry mode not working!

Thomas M.
09-03-2004, 02:00 AM
This morning after getting up I decided to give myself a haircut with an electric haircutter. Soon after starting I realized that the symmerty mode didn't work properly and I had to shave each side of the head separately. Why is that?

In the general perception menu the sleepy checkbox was activated, the haircutter is a Wahl 300.

Will Newtek fix this in the (first) Aid update?

Please help me out, it takes so much longer to work on each side separately.

THANKS for your help.
Thomas

toonafish
09-03-2004, 04:34 AM
lol !! you really need to get out more ;-)

bloontz
09-03-2004, 07:25 AM
Using the chainsaw tool, slice yourself down the central axis and discard the right half. Then align your remaining half against the mirror and you should be all set.

Hope that hurts, er helps that is.

Rory_L
09-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Clearly you`re still using the lite plugin. Go to their website and download the full version.

Then again, you could switch packages and try the stand alone Highstreetbarber.exe soft: it`s pricey but nothing beats it for the beauty pass!

I have to caution you about Bloontz`s suggestion of using the Chainsaw plugin. Yes it`s fast, but I tried it and have been getting major rendering errors down the mirrored side ever since, not to mention the loss of pressure sensitivity in pen tablet mode.

Really, I think your best solution is to apply multiple instances of the Coffee shader before you start hair editing.

Also you might try a skinning plug, to be found on FLAY.com!

Cheers,

R

Thomas M.
09-04-2004, 02:40 AM
The coffee shader!? Mmmmh. I wonder is this one goes well together with my Saeco Aroma Espresso machine. It took me some time to get the crema right, so to get the right shading might start more trouble than deliver pleasant results. Anyway, I'd prefer surface thickness to the coffee shader, not to mix up with the state of morning sickness without a coffee which tends to hit women regularily at one point in their lifes.

The chainsaw tool is obviously a good start. The disadvantage might be that it makes a single minded person a half-minded one. I then might bother this forum even more often with the problems I could have solved before by myself.

Aahh. Sometimes reality seems to be so much harder to get around with than lousy computer programs. But I can be thankful that I didn't find a lous on my scalp.

Rory_L
09-04-2004, 10:48 PM
But I can be thankful that I didn't find a lous on my scalp.
Yeah: bug fixing`s the pits! :)

R