PDA

View Full Version : DDR's pausing all the time

charlesa
09-02-2004, 09:27 PM
What would cause a DDR to play and pause, play and pause over and over for no reason?

We do a live show on local cable. We usually have 4 or 5 DDR's loaded and linked to the switcher, and at least 3 or 4 of them are in pause-cue in mode. Last year we did this all of the time, with no problem. THis year, the more DDR's that we put into pause mode, the more the problem occurs.

The main DDR is a project or sometimes a long 45 minute clip of a football game. The other DDR's are show open, commercial breaks, and other 2 minute sports packages.

Once we get the game going, then we place the other DDR's into play pause-cue in, and all of a sudden the game footage starts and stops every 1 or 2 seconds. If we start un-cueing the other DDR's the problems goes away.

Again, we did it this way last year with no problems. Nothing has changed. Please help...

Dual Pentium Xeon 2.4 ' s
1 GB ram
80GB system drive
216 GB media SCSI raid

Charles Aldridge
TigerVision / Texas High School
2112 Kennedy Ln.
Texarkana, Teas
[email protected]

Paul Lara
09-03-2004, 07:48 AM
Go into preferences and make sure your DDR playback priority is set to HIGH.

charlesa
09-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Yes, it is on HIgh Priority.

Paul Lara
09-03-2004, 07:53 AM
DDR playback is primarily a disk bandwidth function, and I've not heard about Cue casing this behavior. I'll check with testing and tech about this.

Paul

James Moore
09-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Have you changed the VT software since last year or is it the same build?

smclaugh5
09-03-2004, 01:30 PM
I've recently encountered the same problem. A couple of weeks ago we did a live event (about 40,000 in attendence), 6 or 7 DDR's, Aura, VT-Edit all running. No problems. Last weekend, worked in the morning, then Sunday night couldn't que a DDR without a crash. I've reset all modules (oops utility) and set it back up. Haven't tested much yet. It may be a problem with a particular clip which I plan to re render and try again.

The real time kernal kept running after lockup, which was good since we were playing a click track for a live perfromance....

Steve McLaughlin

smclaugh5
09-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Yes, running oops and setting back up seems to have things back to normal....