PDA

View Full Version : Production Hard Body FX question

mlowes
09-02-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm using hardbody fx to animate an incredible amount of rubble and vehicle parts careening across the ground after it crashes through a structure at high speed. The animation works great, but I'm having trouble dampening down the energy of the debris after it should be settled and stopped on the ground. I've tried an envelope on the bounce power on my collision plane, as well as the "StopByStabilizer", but both seem to have little effect. Time is of the essence as this is a production shot.
My thanks in advance, any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS This is the first time I've had to use 8's hard bodies in production, and so far I'm fairly impressed. Some very frustrating quirks I wish I had time to document and submit to NewTek, but we're just too busy.

CoryC
09-02-2004, 11:29 PM
You can try adding a plane event collision and set the hard bodies to Stop by Event. Then just pass the than over your objects when you want them to stop. Another posibility is to include a gravity field and slowly increase the force to slow down the objects.

mlowes
09-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the help CoryC, I'll give the Stop By Event a try. My only thought against this method is that all of the objects will stop their movement at the same time, opposed to an appearance that objects with little energy left have settled to a stop....