PDA

View Full Version : gcore8.dll Modeler hang

New2Lw
09-02-2004, 06:16 PM
This isn't 8.0.1 related. I havn't upgraded yet. Waiting to see how everyone else likes it.

My modeler keeps locking up, or loading objects really slow. Takes like 5 min to load objects that only have 1000 er so polys, then if I do anything it takes another 5 min. I can't think of what the problem could be. I rescently updated directx but I don't know if that would be the problem. Layout seems to work fine.

When check the event viewer it comes up with gcore8.dll . And it says modeler hang. Is possible to pull this file off of the install cd and try to fix it that way?

If I have to do a reinstall what files do I need to back up so I can save button configuration and Fprime set up?

Thanks,
Eric

New2Lw
09-03-2004, 03:43 AM
Well, I got the file off of a different computer and that didn't work... :confused:

I should probably back up the license file before reinstalling...What else? I'll probably dig around on the forums, I did yesterday but in the ten minutes I did I couldn't find what files to back up. So feel free to post. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

New2Lw
09-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Problem fixed. DirectX had some corupt files.