PDA

View Full Version : Proton's got a new gig

WilliamVaughan
09-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Proton's got a new gig

Hey, I just wanted to let you all know about an exciting new venture that I am pursuing with teh help of NewTek. I'm going to be moving to Orlando to teach at the DAVE School (http://www.daveschool.com/). The cool part is, I will continue to be the LightWave Evangelist for NewTek.

Iíll still be hanging out in the online community and doing more of those cool demo vidz and tuts, work on the new LightWave [8] Discovery Edition, and look forward to taking main stage at the shows, with guests like we had this year at SIGGRAPH how could I not :)

Now I get to bend the fresh minds of the students at the DAVE School to my evil ways. ;) I was a LightWave instructor before joining NewTek and of course, I did a lot of production work. Joining DAVE School means I get to do everything!... teach, get back into hard core LightWave production (which I really missed) and still do the stuff I love doing for the LightWave community.

My NewTek email stays the same... I'll be here as always... I just have a new time zone... oh wait... I work all hours of the day and night... it doesn't matter what zone I'm in. :P

P.S. The fact that DAVE School is right next to Seuss Landing has absolutely nothing to do with this. Mwuhahahahahaha :)

Chuck
09-02-2004, 05:14 PM
I don't know - you've been talking about Seuss's Landing for quite some time now! ;)

Seriously, all of here at NewTek are very excited to see our colleague take the opportunity to exercise his considerable talent and skill for teaching and production. And very excited as well that his contributions on behalf of NewTek to our community of LightWave users will continue.

And we look forward to crashing his pad in Orlando regularly...mwuahahahahahahah! :D

mattclary
09-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Welcome to Florida, Proton!

Aquaman
09-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Yes welcome to Florida Proton. I'll have to come over and visit. I live less than an hour away from Universal.
By the way, congratulations on the new job.

Rich
09-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Well, good luck Proton!

I just hope that there still is a Florida after this weekend. :eek:

I hope you will still have pleanty of time to contribute to the community here. I am finding the demos you created for LW8 very handy and look forward to more helpful info from you in the future. :D

Aquaman
09-02-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm with ya there Rich. I am pretty much in the direct path of the eye of the hurricane as it stands right now. If we don't get a direct hit it will be a pretty healthy brush from the eye if everything stays as it is right now. What's bothersome is it has slowed down considerably from yesterday so once it passes the Bahamas it has a good change of picking up a lot of strength.

WilliamVaughan
09-02-2004, 09:41 PM
I hope you will still have pleanty of time to contribute to the community here. I am finding the demos you created for LW8 very handy and look forward to more helpful info from you in the future. :D

Glad you like them...lots more on the way!

Triple G
09-02-2004, 11:54 PM
So....I guess you finally got tired of being "chained to the desk at Newtek", ay? :p

Seriously though...congratulations on the new job. Sounds like it should be a perfect fit for you.

chromatic
09-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Proton? Who's Proton? :P

Matt
09-03-2004, 04:08 AM
Way to go P!

Para
09-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Proton? Who's Proton? :P

He's the "In this demo I'd like to show you..." -guy :)

caesar
09-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Congrat and good luck! Im looking for the new content! :D

handron
09-03-2004, 10:47 AM
Now that you're returning to the "instructor" role, when are we gonna see "Proton: The DVD"? :D

"In this episode, kids, we will be learning how to drink, oops, I mean model a beer can and apply a texture. Ready to model! Watch me do IT!" :D

Teaching is a wonderful quality. Good luck.

Signal to Noise
09-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Good luck in Florida! Make sure you bring a kite. I hear it's rather windy there of late. ;)

cresshead
09-03-2004, 12:41 PM
good luck PROTON! :D

stee+cats

Paul_Boland
09-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Best of luck with the new job, Proton. The whole family here are Florida fanatics!! I can think of many great places to bring the class on a field trip and from what I know of DAVE School, there is one right next door to it :D !!

CB_3D
09-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Congrats. Looks like your coffee consumption will have to rise considerably :p

WilliamVaughan
09-03-2004, 02:06 PM
I dont drink Caffiene so Coffee is out for me :)

Cman
09-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Good luck in Florida and with the Dave school. I hope you have a great time. :D

siproductions
09-03-2004, 10:42 PM
I'm green with envy. J/K ;) That must be a great job man. Congrats. :)

loribravo
09-04-2004, 04:39 AM
All the best -- congrats to you dude. Enjoy your new life and -- environment -- :)