PDA

View Full Version : any one els having probs downloding the uddate

Jamel
09-02-2004, 03:46 PM
i click it it says wait a moment while they get my downlod and nothing happens i refresh and nothing

im i doing somthing wrong??
and how do i back up lw 8 content ?

js33
09-02-2004, 03:55 PM
any one els having probs downloding the uddate

No. It worked fine for me. Maybe the server was too busy when you tried it.
Try it again.

Cheers,
JS

Cageman
09-02-2004, 03:59 PM
and how do i back up lw 8 content ?

Just copy the Lw8 directory onto another harddrive, partition or directory of your choice.

Jamel
09-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Just copy the Lw8 directory onto another harddrive, partition or directory of your choice.

so let me get this straight i should copy all my lw content and put it in a different folder?

Cageman
09-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Yes. If something goes wrong with the update, you can copy everything back and youŽll have Lw like it was before you installed the update. I would recomend that you do backups regulary and put it on dvdr or cdr (just in case the harddrive goes to hell).

Jamel
09-07-2004, 10:53 AM
this downlod is loading it still says wait while we get your downlod it never comes i realod but nothing

help!

Earl
09-07-2004, 12:40 PM
James,

I was unable to download the update (or the manual) from work. It would just sit there, then eventually come up with an error message saying "425 Can't open data connection."

Unfortunately, I found no way to get this to work. I had to download it at home, on a different computer. Maybe call NewTek up - sounds like they might need to send it to you on a CD (or provide an FTP link).