PDA

View Full Version : Flying

gordo663
09-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Hi All, this is my 1st submission post.
The plane (first meant to be a spacecraft) was Modeled in 5.6, and rendered in 6.5. The background's a picture, unless someone wants to get me a new computer to where I can use hypervoxels 2 effectively and I'll make a new one and use that instead. :D

-John

Mr-Wizard
09-02-2004, 03:48 PM
I like it, looks really good.

Maybe a bit of motion blur to give that puppy some speed?

chemaelizondo
09-02-2004, 04:20 PM
The design looks very functional, the textures looks awesome!

Can we see more angles?

Cheers

JM

MacDaddyKash
09-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Yes please show more angles! I love the design and texturing. Very nice work.

Csion
09-02-2004, 08:35 PM
That's sweet.

lets see the top!

what steps you take to model and texture the different parts?
I'd like to know...and if you had to change one thing it should be the background. You could paint one on the PC it will make it fit in more with your model

gordo663
09-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone.

The body is all a single spline cage, it took forever to get all the polygons to line up all nice near the engine intake, but I think I finally got it right. The rest was mostly lathing and pushing points from subdivided boxes.

Texturing was fairly straight forward. There was one main diffuse texture with panel lines and weathering on it. That was copied and applied to the spec, and bump maps (different image maps in regards to contrast and such). Then I also found a nice galvanized metal picture somewhere and have that repeated over most of the model with a bit of fractal noise over that to break it up and have it not look repeated. Then came the color channel markings which should be fairly apparrent (though some of the logos, looking back, look fairly bad, the tail section for instance).

Csion, do you have any pictures of the style of cloud painting you're thinking of? Thanks.

Here are a few more angles.

chemaelizondo
09-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Very cool design keep it up!

JM

adrian
09-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Very nice indeed. As it looks like it's designed to kick some butt, maybe add a little battle scarring? The texturing as it is though is very good.

Adrian.

Csion
09-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Make a space scene for it...looks space sci-fi-ish