PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on saving bone settings...

Ramen Sama
04-03-2003, 06:58 AM
Hello, I'm in the process or rigging a character and I was wondering it anyone had a good idea on how to save the settings of the bones for later use. To explain futher, i'm using a combination of bones and weight maps only. I'd like to be able to save the settings of the bones/skelegons to make animation tweaking go smoother without having to cycle thru 80+ bones and select weight maps only each time i change the position of the bones, or start a new scene. I've seen plugins like Smartagons.. but it doesn't seem to let you save the setting of use weight maps only. Maybe i'm missing something, maybe not. If anyone can help, please do. Thanks.

- Ramen Sama

Dodgy
04-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Open the spread sheet, and select the Bone Influence panel. In there are two columns, Use Weight Map Only and Weight Normalize. Select all the cells below these two heading and right click to bring up the menu. Go to Toggle all cells on, and set it. Click apply and these should now be ticked. A 2 seconds operation :)

Ramen Sama
04-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Wow, I somehow never noticed the spreadsheet all this time I've been using LW. Thanks alot for your your help. This should help speed things up alot.