PDA

View Full Version : ScreamerNet Controller version 3.2.8 Released

jdavidbakr
09-02-2004, 10:37 AM
This is a quick announcement that the ScreamerNet Controller has been updated to version 3.2.8. It has a couple of new features and bug fixes:

* The CPU Dialog box now identifies what CPU number you are adjusting
* The controller now correctly identifies stereoscopic renders
* A bug that caused a CPU to not load a second scene if the auto-crash option was turned on has been fixed
* A bug that caused the Controller to crash if there were no image saving options in the scene file has been fixed

The download is available at http://www.catalystproductions.cc/screamernet . The single-node controller is still free.

For those who are not aware, the ScreamerNet Controller is a controller for LWSN that runs on OS X. It can control both Mac and PC render nodes, and has a host of features. Please visit the website for more details.

Thanks!

synergy543
09-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi Jon,

I sent you e-mail a few days ago but possibly you didn't see it.

On your web site it still only says 3.2.7 for the current download. However, I noticed that once I downloaded and checked the version is actually is 3.2.8.

Thanks for the update,

Greg

jdavidbakr
09-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Ah, thanks, Greg, so many places to update the version number... :D

Weetos
09-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Off Topic, but just wanted to share this :

if your web server allows PHP or another server-side scripting language, you could use a variable to store stuff like software version so you don't have to update many places

here's an example :

content of include/version.inc :

$screamer_net_controller_version = "3.2.8" ;
$other_cool_software_version = "10.2.3" ;

Content of one of your web page :

<?php
include ("include/version.inc") ;
?>
<html> .....

latest ScreamerNet Controller Version :<? $screamer_net_controller_version ?>
</html>

Using this tip, you just have to update the file version.inc
Hope this is useful

Regards

Weetos

jdavidbakr
09-07-2004, 09:22 AM
:D Ineed, I just laugh every time because there are no less than four places within the IDE that I have to change the version number, then I have to change it on Version Tracker, and I always forget about the website. The only place on the website is the download page, and I keep forgetting that I put the version number there. :cool: