PDA

View Full Version : Weight map trouble

Thomas M.
09-02-2004, 09:18 AM
To make it short:

My lo-res model did have some nice smooth weight maps applied to it. I subdivided it and worked on the details, later on sub-d'ed it again for rendering. All the smoothness of the initial map has been eliminated. Did I do something wrong during subdividing and most important: How do I get the original weight maps applied to the hi-res model. :-(

Cheers
Thomas

Thomas M.
09-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, so far I couldn't find out how to work around my problem. I thought Weighter might help, but it looks it's meant for some other purpose.

Probably I can save my weightmaps by morphing my early model into the subdivided with the crappy maps in Layout and save it out as a new object.

How do I subdivide my objects and force Modeler to interpolate the weight map and assign it to the new points, so the look of the weight map would be still the same. Do I have to assign it to an uv? This should be easier, shouldn't it?

Please post a reply as my workflow came to an end so far.

THANKS, folks!

Thomas

Thomas M.
09-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Solved it by myself. Aaargh! I always selected the points I wanted to assign the new weightmap to, created the weightmap and voila. It looked great!

What I didnt know. The rest of the points didn't get the weightmap applied to them with a zero value. I thought by creating a new weight map all points would be included.

By going back to my inital model, selecting the unweighted points, assigning a zero value to them and morphing this object into the high res one in Layout and saving it as a transformed object, I saved the day.

A pitty, that it took me so long. Thanks to the author of this tutorial.

http://www.mofreaky.com/dugosaurus/resources/tutorials/texture_wt_maps/texture_wt_maps.html