PDA

View Full Version : Audio Problem

waggs
09-01-2004, 10:08 PM
I am getting alot of white nosie coming from the audio. I have an sx-8 bob and there also seems to be a bit of a hum in the audio. What is this? thanks for any help. I tried to change the cables and thought maybe ground loop? who knows.

Jim Capillo
09-02-2004, 03:36 AM
I am getting alot of white nosie coming from the audio. I have an sx-8 bob and there also seems to be a bit of a hum in the audio. What is this? thanks for any help. I tried to change the cables and thought maybe ground loop? who knows.

What are you bringing in the audio from? You might have an impedence mismatch. Have you tried another audio source?

waggs
09-02-2004, 08:13 AM
Betacam SP XLR

James Moore
09-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Is that an older SX8? Some of the early versions required a re-tooling to handle balanced i/o but if it is a relatively recent one then there shouldn't be a problem.

If your cables are wired properly you shouldn't have a ground loop because the ground and cold wires are separated in a balanced setup. Make sure you are plugged into inputs 1 and 2 and that the mic/line switch is at the appropriate spot.

Paul Lara
09-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Make sure you are plugged into inputs 1 and 2 and that the mic/line switch is at the appropriate spot.

To clarify James' post:

Make sure your XLR cables are plugged ONY into SX-8 input 2L and 2R.
1L and 1R are only for Mic level inputs.