PDA

View Full Version : Lw 8.0.1 Help Please!!!

erich
09-01-2004, 06:43 PM
PLEASE HELP.....

I downloaded and installed the update, but now lightwave says it is the "Discovery Edition". I am guessing that this means I need to apply my registration number or something like that. How do I do this or otherwise get rid of the "Discovery Edition", so that it is a "normal" version of lightwave?

I had a look at the registration page but, step 2 says "Go to Start | Programs | Register LightWave | Register LightWave." and I don't have this option on my system.

I installed it into the same directory as my LW8, so it should have seen my License.key file, but it doesn't seem to.

Thanks for your help.

GCL
09-01-2004, 06:50 PM
I installed it into the same directory as my LW8, so it should have seen my License.key file, but it doesn't seem to

Did you have the dongle in during installation ?
Did you back up the cgf file as advised ?

Updated without any problems tonight.

erich
09-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Yes the dongle is installed. As far as I know the cfg file doesn't have anything to do with the registration of Lightwave...or does it?

erich
09-01-2004, 07:05 PM
OK. I figured it out. For some reason, I had to re-install the Sentinel drivers. Now I am back to normal mode. :D

hrgiger
09-01-2004, 07:19 PM
That's strange. I put my update in the 8.0 folder too and it worked without a hitch.

Karmacop
09-02-2004, 02:25 AM
If your License.key file is missing then just add a new text file with your license key in it .. otherwise try the driver stuff others have said :p