PDA

View Full Version : Positioning points...

Mr-Wizard
09-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Its thats awful moment....

You've copied something to another layer, but then you've moved some of the points around and it no longer fits snuggly against your other poly's.

Is there a quick to re position lots of points based on the location of another point(s)? So, X moves to the same location as Y, but neither point is removed. I've been using the Numeric window, but this seems abit slow, anyway ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mr-Wizard
09-02-2004, 03:45 PM
No replies? :(

meatycheesyboy
09-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Here is a pretty tedious solution but it may work for you. Say point X is on an object on layer 1 and point Y is on an object on layer 2. You would like point X to correspond with point Y. You could copy point X (only ythe point not the whole object) to layer 2 then weld point Y to the position of point X using this newly pasted point.

Another way to do it is by having both layers active then use the Snap Drag tool to move point Y of layer 2 to the position of point X on layer 1.

hrgiger
09-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Could you possibly copy the points once again over to the other layer and delete the moved points? I would think that would be the easiest way.

Silkrooster
09-02-2004, 10:11 PM
One more way if the points are in a line. Use the value tool. Select the point in layer 1 see what the values are. Then in layer 2 select all the point on the line and use the value tool and place them where they belong.
One thing I just found out that you could try using ver 8 is the snap drag tool. According to the instructions it will allow you to snap to another point. This tool can be found at Modify>Translate>More..>Snap Drag Tool.
Silk