PDA

View Full Version : arch interior - generic type

quatermain
04-02-2003, 09:11 PM
a generic-type of architectural interior, done just for fun & practice. rendered with radiosity. comments welcome

d8ed
04-03-2003, 11:51 AM
looks nice but could use a few tweaks.. if you used radiosity and since the scene is so bright the shadows seem way too dark and crisp. they should be soft and washed out by the reflected light.

also the arm rests on the couch seem way too low. either lower the cushions down or raise the arm rests up. and maybe try to break up the couch surface since cushioning isnt so crisp and perfect usually. i might also introduce some variation in your wood color/texture. it seems identical everywhere which is very unlikely usually.

this all depends on how photoreal and realistic you want to get with this. good luck.

Kuzey
04-03-2003, 04:32 PM
looking good...the couch looks like a set of cubes placed together...but that could just be me :p

Keep them coming

Kuzey

quatermain
04-03-2003, 05:14 PM
about those shadows - i am having trouble finding the lucky numbers for nice soft shadows. how high does the shadow map size have to be to come out smooth? i agree that shadows are too dark & hard for the kind of lighting in the rooms.

yeah, it is boxy and i'm not sure what look i was going for; i'll shoot for IKEA. i'll go get a catalog for reference.

d8ed
04-03-2003, 05:27 PM
for nice soft shadows you can always use Area lights with raytrace shadows. the scene isnt that complex and you could do it without using radiosity. before you do that, try just switching you spots/points whatever they are to raytrace and doing a render with radiosity and see what you get.

Dete
04-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Hello there !
Very nice lighting u created !! The sofa needs some tweaking as I see it .. if it is to look photoreal you must add some displacement on it.. a sofa is supposed to be soft and cozy - your one looks like its carved out of wood or made out of concrete...