PDA

View Full Version : Graph editor crashes LW7 & 8

shockwave
08-30-2004, 05:49 AM
I just upgraded to LW8 and still have 7 installed, and i just upgraded my vid cards to radeon 7000 series for my 2 monitors . My games run ok but whenever i open my graph editor the program crashes LW 8 & 7. I use win xp on a pc. Any suggestions? :confused:

JamesCurtis
08-30-2004, 08:28 AM
Do you have the latest vidcard drivers installed? Also, there have been some issues with regard to ATI video cards and thier Opengl support not being very good.

Man-In-Black
09-10-2004, 01:01 PM
I have the same issue. I am running LightWave 7.5c on a Win2k Dell with a Radeon 7000 card. I just upgraded my drivers a few months ago for Premier, but I will see if new ones are out and make sure that my OpenGL is up to snuff. I e-mailed NewTek today about it, so maybe I will hear something soon.

Reminds me of the issues that I had with my Mac, LightWave 7 and my ATI card.

shockwave
09-10-2004, 07:29 PM
The cure for what ailed my system, was that your primary #1 monitor must have a superior card to the one being used by your second monitor. I installed a Radeon 9200 for my primary monitor and kept the Radeon 7000 for my secondary.
It seemed that the 2 identical cards confused the OS and shut it down. Everything is working great now. And my games really rock now! :D