PDA

View Full Version : LW HDR output to Shake 3.5???

ateale
08-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been wondering if its possible to output an HDR image from LW 7.5c and bring it into Shake?

I've heard bits and pieces about openEXR, but i'v3e heard also that LW7.5 doesn't offer openEXR support.

Any ideas?

thanks

AT

ateale
08-30-2004, 01:06 AM
hey guys!

found what i was looking for

TIFF LogLuv (.tif)

saves in floating point

shake takes it straight in

Thanks!

AT

Triple G
08-30-2004, 03:09 AM
Hi Guys,

I've been wondering if its possible to output an HDR image from LW 7.5c and bring it into Shake?

I've heard bits and pieces about openEXR, but i'v3e heard also that LW7.5 doesn't offer openEXR support.

Any ideas?

thanks

AT

LW 7.5 doesn't offer OpenEXR support natively, but there is an OpenEXR plugin (http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1817) for it which works quite nicely. The files it exports come into Digital Fusion with no problems whatsoever, so I'm assuming that bringing them into Shake would yield similar results.

ateale
08-31-2004, 12:54 AM
Hi Triple G!

Any tips on how to install the files? (and which files do i need for Lightwave?) for OSX

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/openexr/

Is there a page which explains this?

Thanks dude!

Adam

Triple G
08-31-2004, 01:09 AM
Hmm...I didn't realize you were on OSX (probably should've guessed, since you're using Shake) :rolleyes:

The link I gave you before is for PC Lightwave. As far as I know, no one has (yet) compiled a version of it for OSX. But since the source is freely available, I would think it shouldn't be too difficult for someone to do. Hopefully someone with the know-how will get to it before too long. I seem to remember talk about there being OpenEXR support built into LW8, but I don't think that made it into the 8.0 release. Hopefully we'll see it soon in a future 8.x update, for both platforms.

ateale
08-31-2004, 01:43 AM
Hey Triple G,

there are mac files on that page, i just don't have a clue how to install them. i tried doing a
"./ configure"
and it ran, but had some error. I really don't know how to do it

Any pointers?

Cheers!

AT

Triple G
08-31-2004, 01:54 AM
I wish I could help you, but that stuff is just as confusing to me as it is to you. Besides that, I don't have access to my Mac currently so even if I had a theory I wouldn't be able to test it out. Maybe some other kind Mac user could shed some light on this...?

ateale
08-31-2004, 04:03 AM
Hey Triple G,

hehehe! no worries, thanks for your help!

If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Cheers

AT