PDA

View Full Version : FREE Tutorials 4 U

dablan
08-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone -

I just wanted to let you know that if you head on over to
3D GARAGE.com (http://www.3dgarage.com) , there's now 4 high-quality video tutorials
available for download. These videos will show you how to
use the new LightWave [8] bone tools while setting up a
full human-like rig. You'll employ the use of IK, goals, and
learn how to assign weights as well.

Enjoy!

Sastira
08-29-2004, 08:32 PM
The link for the fourth video on the download page is incorrect.

I was able to download it by changing the link to 75_BoneRigging_4.zip

dablan
08-29-2004, 08:49 PM
It's good - try refreshing your browser.
You might have hit it during an update.

WilliamVaughan
08-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Thanx for these...very cool!

dablan
08-29-2004, 09:22 PM
No problem -
here's a pic from the final rig -

riki
08-30-2004, 03:50 AM
Hi Dan, sorry if this sounds like a silly question. But where do we click to download the new videos? My browser always freezes up when I go to your site. I think there's a script that causes my browser to run slow.

phil lawson
08-30-2004, 03:57 AM
Hi Dan, Many thanks for these free videos! Great stuff.

Riki : The link is on the right hand side of the page about halfway down. "New Free Downloads. Get Them Now!" DOnt know if you can see that, maybe you can run your mouse over and see if anything like that comes up.

Or go here :) http://www.3dgarage.com/downloads.html

Proj
08-30-2004, 04:05 AM
Thanks Dan this is great, I bought inside lightwave 8 two weeks ago at amazon and for the money this is the best lightwave book ive ever read.

you obviously put a lot of work into this and and throwing in the 5 hours of video are great. Right now i cant imagine a better training manual and foundation for lightwave 8. Credit were credit is due! :)

I love the sections on rigging and character animation. This is often an area that become easily confused but I would recomend this the book and its videos for anybody who wants to get into lightwave character animation.

-EsHrA-
08-30-2004, 05:41 AM
hey great Dan..thnx!

i was just about to ask on a forum for good tutorials on setting up chars for animation using the new lw8 tools...

and...here u are ! :)

thnx again...ill check them out immediatly!

mlon

caesar
08-30-2004, 08:33 AM
I already posted this in spinquad, please I CANT see 3dgarage.com! My browser cant find it! I know it looks crazy, but must be an ISP DNS error...please, could someone help me out...I think that with the IP address I can find it.... :o

Lynx3d
08-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Yea i hate it when the ISP has some stupid DNS that won't update for weeks, one time i couldn't reach debevec.org for weeks :mad:

That's the result of a ping:

Ping 3dgarage.com [63.99.224.45] mit 32 Bytes Daten:
(...)

But i'm afraid the IP alone won't help you.

dablan
08-30-2004, 09:38 AM
I don't know guys -
I just checked the site on two PCs, and a Mac (OS10) and all is well.

Lynx3d
08-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Dan: The sever is fine, no reason to worry.
It's most likely the internet service provider caesar is using, if their DNS server is not up-to-date or has some other problem it just won't find the domain "3dgarage.com", i had that problem once with another domain, everyone i asked could reach the site, only i couldn't :(

A public proxy can help, but like 99% of them are so slow you really don't want to use them...

pixeltek
08-30-2004, 01:49 PM
I can't get there either, Dan. I'm with Earthlink (on dial-up). It is possible that the server is simply overloaded at this time. I know I got to 3dgarage.com a month ago, but today it's impossible.

Karl
http://www.cosmic-pearl.com/

caesar
08-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Well, by theory, if you put the ip address in the url field, the browser dont need to consult the DNS server for a ip translation (www... to 127.x.x.x). Well, it didnt worked). Well, Ill call my ISP for that, why I cant get to that site! (its looks ridiculous, I cant access 1 site!). Thanks for the help, and its a localized problem, btw.

pixeltek
08-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Don't panic. All is well, just as I thought. The server was probably temporarily overloaded and I can get in there right now just fine.

A lot of the downloads are very large and that eats bandwidth like crazy.

If you ever go to game or movie trailer downloads, you will run into that a lot. Hang around and wait a while and you can get right in.

Karl

riki
08-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Actually I think it's just my Browser, maybe a memory leak with Mozilla, it seems to grind to a halt at even the smell of a flash file.

The site works fine with IE and Safari.

Karmacop
08-31-2004, 05:02 AM
I'm running mozilla firefox 0.8 and i have no troubles with it .. if that helps you riki ..