PDA

View Full Version : "Roses"

jevinstudios
08-28-2004, 07:31 PM
http://www.jevin.com/graphics/Roses.jpg

"Roses"

Created with LightWave 8 (a very simple still life showcasing my rose models....)

Hervé
08-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Very cool roses U've got here ! maybe less darker inside the flower.... ?

Do U need a petal texture and alpha included....? ;) :)

@++

daveythegravy73
08-29-2004, 02:05 AM
Wow, nicely modeled roses.

I think they need something more i the lighting department. Can't wait to see what they look like with petal texture.

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

Hervé
08-29-2004, 02:20 AM
here you go.....

veljko
08-29-2004, 03:42 AM
great texture man!
now..where is that work you promised to post?
:)

Hervé
08-29-2004, 04:09 AM
I clicked "stop when all equal" an hour ago, so this should be done in another hour.... (after 26 hours for 6 images for a QTVR..)
8 area lights are still heavy stuff even with F_prime, but in LW renderer, I could have taken some vacations... he he :D ;)

the thread is going to be called "previz_QTVR" he he....

@++

jevinstudios
08-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Still had some work to do, and took the time to get it in gear and post a re-do. Did add a UV color texture to the petals (still using a procedural for the bump for now, but will be developing a UV bump soon....). The petals are all modeled individually w/ subd's, so a clip map would not have worked (appreciate the post, tho). The leaves, on the other hand, are clipped.

Also added a "Small Town America" white picket fence backdrop -- a tribute to David Lynch and his cinematic masterpiece, "Blue Velvet".....

Hervé
08-30-2004, 12:53 AM
Blue Velevet is one of my favorite movie ! the fence needs more white paint, and the petals are screaming for SSS.... I dont get why You could not use a texture on SD petals, mine were subD also.... ? ah well... it's OK.... now just add a cute little house in the background and a fire truck passing by, and you're set !

nice job !
@++

jevinstudios
08-30-2004, 06:39 AM
Thanks, Herve! A clip map would have made each petal uniform in shape, something I wanted to avoid (as mentioned, each petal is shaped individually, to add a real-world non-uniform randomness). There is a color UV map on each petal, tho, to give a nice gradient from pink to deep red.

"Blue Velvet" is one of my favorite movies, too -- just watched it again the other day. Truly amazing piece of film work!

Hervé
08-30-2004, 06:48 AM
Cooool, yeah me too, I re-re-re-re-re watched it 3 days ago.... ahhhh what a delicious moment each time.... like you said, a truly amazing movie !

cheers ! :D ;)