PDA

View Full Version : Interface (LW8) and key mapping changes

tonyg
08-28-2004, 07:51 AM
Doubtless it has been discussed already, but I just got my LW8, and I can't see an old thread...

Is it just me, or did the LW8 interface / key remappings just slow the workflow down? Or is my whine coloured jacket just showing again?

Has anyone remapped the keys and buttons to resemble the 7.5 layout? Wana share?

(No really, LW8 is a nice upgrade, but I am sometimes reduced to hunting and pecking for tools after they are both relocated on the interface, and mapped to a new "Windows-centric" key short).

SplineGod
08-28-2004, 10:18 PM
The answer is yes. Many would agree with you. Changes were made that were unecessary. You can change back to the 7.5 menus but none of the new tools were added into those menus so youll have to do it manually. :confused:

tonyg
08-29-2004, 08:30 AM
Thanks Larry, glad I'm not the only one <g>. I have been modding my configs to keep the current feature sets, and ge the workflow back I used to have. Painful process, but worth it.

SplineGod
08-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Thats great! Once you do that you might want to make your configs available to others. This issue is something that Newtek is keenly aware of and is working on it. Others definately feel the same way. :)