PDA

View Full Version : BUG in TEdit?

RuiFeliciano
04-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Either that or a flaw in my system. If any of you could take a little bit of their schedule and try the below steps I'd apreciate it:

1 - Fire up T2
2- Enter TEdit and *make sure* the E button on the bottom panel is ON (Edit panel will open anytime you select a clip)
3 - build a small edit session with one video and 2 pictures and assemble it loosely like this (http://www.isisds.com/testes/T2Crash.jpg) (no need to be rigorous in the placement)
4 -select the 2 bottom most layers (the 2 picture layers) and make them into a Subproject (top bar, button labeled Sub Proj)
5 - The two layers in the timeline will turn into one, the subproject. Now RMB click on the subproject layer and select Drill into SubProject
6 - Now on the timeline you'll see starting at timecode 0:00:00:00 the two picture layers that compose this subproject. Select the two layers (lasso select them or CTRL+a) and turn them into a subproject again
7 - Did you see a BANG! ?

If the Edit buttom is OFF this does not happen.

Thanks for takingthe time to try it.

Rui Feliciano
ISIS Digital Studios
3D Animation . VfX
www.isisds.com

Scott Bates
04-02-2003, 08:59 PM
I just posted the following in your thread on the Safe Harbor forum:

BANG!

Using your test project it did as you discribed, both with and without the video clip in the project so long as Edit Properties was open; with EP closed no bang. If however, I Expand the subproject instead of Drilling into it, no bang.

I'd agree it shouldn't be crashing, but, given that when you Drill into the subproject everything except the elements of that subproject disappears and you're left with only what made up the subproject, what would be the reason to use Drill instead of Expand? To answer my own question perhaps, so you can then tweak only the subproject without having the rest of the project in the way and then re-create the subproject? I've never had occasion to do that, but can see where it could be useful.

We gotta quit meeting like this Rui ;)

RuiFeliciano
04-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Andrew and his team have just squashed it! This is the kind of treatment that gets clients (well, me anyway) VERY happy! Someone is listening and, more importantly, takes action where appropriate :cool:

Scott Bates
04-03-2003, 03:05 PM
This is the kind of treatment that gets clients (well, me anyway) VERY happy! Someone is listening and, more importantly, takes action where appropriate
You bet, just gotta love it when our Toast is buttered on both sides! :D

Jim Capillo
04-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Yeah...... these Newtek guys sure don't Play around !!!!