PDA

View Full Version : CG Crashes on Re-open

RayLarson
04-02-2003, 05:07 PM
I am running the latest build and have been suffering with a rather annoying problem. If I open the CG and do some work, then close it and find that I need to reopen it during the same session I get a winrtme error and have to restart. While leaving it open is an option, I would rather not suck up system resources if I don't have to.

Any suggestions (I am hoping that T3 will solve this and other annoying issues..my order is already in)

mgrusin
04-03-2003, 01:19 PM
I'm seeing this one too, though some people are not:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=661

I also hope it's fixed in T3. I imagine it would be, since CG seems to have gotten a major upgrade.

-MG :D

creach
04-07-2003, 10:01 AM
I have found that if you open another Toaster desktop and leave ToasterCG open *all the time* on it, the ToasterCG crashes are essentially eliminated.

BTW, there is a GREAT way to recover from a crash, should it occur. Launch T[2] and with your project open, right click along the top of TEd to bring up a context menu. In the Context Menu, there is a function called "Redo all operations" This will bring you back to the point where you crashed. Clever people, those aliens!

Good luck.
Dan

RayLarson
04-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info from One Cranky old guy to another.

Hopefully T3 will solve this....

creach
04-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Hear, hear!

But, it now becomes *another* expenditure to try to push uphill! :-)

Dan

tmon
04-10-2003, 11:48 PM
hey creach, great tip! put it on that sticky "tips" thread! or, is it already there?

i'm hoping that t3 squashes a lot of these CG bugz....

creach
04-14-2003, 05:56 PM
I got the "redo all operations" tip from that thread myself. It has saved my fat from the fire a bunch o' times!

MAJOR kudos to the programmer/writer/head alien behind that one.

Dan :)