PDA

View Full Version : Contour Shuttle Pro

Brian Peterson
08-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Paul, Andrew, Aussie, Chuck, someone at newtek, how about a preference file for the Contour Shuttle Pro!

I've downloaded the one on the ftp site 3 times and it will not import, errors out that I do not have "permission".

programing the thing for me is a nightmare! Some support for a great tool would be appreciated!

Jim Capillo
08-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Brian,

Have you d/l'ed the latest version from Contour?

It is really easy to program - just print out the keystrokes for VT and then just punch the button you want on the SP and then hit the correct keystroke.

I will send you my template tonight if you like.

Brian Peterson
08-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Jim, if you don't mind I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

Brian

Jim Capillo
08-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Will do - I'll send it out when I get home tonight..... :)

Brian Peterson
08-29-2004, 12:45 PM
This thing is driving me nuts!

Okay I downloaded the latest software version, wow, I went from 1.3 to 2.6. Talk about out of date packaging!

The jog shuttle is a nighmare to program. I can not figure out what I'm doing or get it to work the way a job shuttle should.

I mainly want this for deck control. When I use the mouse to control my panasonic 230h deck everythig works fine. I've got the keys I want programed for ff and reverse on the shuttle and it's a nightmare! If I use the mouse and hit ff with the deck at a hard stop, the deck will fastforward without starting up play. With the shuttle programed I can not get ff or reverse to work right. Everything I hit the keys I programed, even from a cold stop, it will put the deck into play and then fast forward while playing. This is really irritating! What is going on?

SCS
08-29-2004, 02:04 PM
If you fast forward using the mouse click and then fast forward using the shuttle key, does the tape/counter move at the same speed or is the keystroke activating a search mode?

Perhaps the mouse click and the keystroke are not invoking the same action?

I seem to remember some decks (like a BVW-35 or a BRS 800) having a menu setting to show/hide video while FF/RW...
Also DV capture in Premiere exhibits this same behavior sporadically with hardware controllers when controlling a deck while capturing -
The solution there was to find the menu for the 'standby' mode and change the options...

Just some thoughts.