PDA

View Full Version : desklamp design

dilaima
08-27-2004, 04:03 AM
this is a new design for a lamp, it have several use, u can have direct spotlights , by direct all lights to the outside, u can have indirect lighting, by rotating spots toward the mirror plate.
u can chage the mood of ur room, by changing the color filter plate.
materials r plexi glass, and balza wood, and stainless steel for the support columns.

veljko
08-27-2004, 04:49 AM
look cool-
the reflections and the whole scene is a bit to sharp and needs some softening, probobly bigger AA-
What i would do aswell, is make the lightening from the scene be from the lamp itselfe- to make the mood the lamp would in real life-

hope this helps!
:)

Soth
08-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Tha lamp is designed to light something...
Scene looks good, but illumination should go from the lamp, and do some envirnoment to light up.

and of course i know what my english is :)
regards
Tomasz

dilaima
08-27-2004, 05:54 AM
i agree with u guys about the global enviro, but this illumination is to show the lamp design, not it's illumination, for this confusion i'll post another mood scene after rendering.

veljko
08-27-2004, 06:10 AM
cool-
looking forward to it!
:)

dilaima
08-27-2004, 08:16 AM
under ur request veljko :D

veljko
08-28-2004, 03:35 PM
yes!
much nicer:)

Hervé
08-29-2004, 01:56 AM
I love that lamp , but not the lighting at all.... sorry... if the light is ON, then the red spot should make the red piece of glass very bright .... ;) and I'll go for some point lights with with Inverse>2 with a 7 cm distance, you'll have to test it....+ some spots for the rays... otherwise Nice design....

Hey do U want to see a picture of me Velijko ? he he , maybe today.... he he

Ok, now go and relight that scene .... he he :D ;) ;)

@++

dilaima
08-29-2004, 04:07 AM
ok, u r 100% right herve, and sorry for like this mistake :D
i'll post the new one, after finished, it's cooking now :)
but didn't used the point light addition, instead of this i just give the spotlight a inverse distance falloff.

dilaima
08-29-2004, 01:25 PM
herve request :D

Hervé
08-30-2004, 12:58 AM
this is mucho better ! ..... but in reality (dunno if U want to go for reality though) , it will have a look more "burned", almost white.... err... humm...how 'bout the blue glass..... ;)

@++

dilaima
08-30-2004, 04:57 AM
hehehe, in reality i have a track of those spotlights in my room, and i tried it on a plexi glass piece, and this is the look (actually it's 12v , 20 w) so it's not very warm ;)
and the blue glass u mentioned is not a glass it's the mirror piece, the pieces from left to right r :
red plexi, mirror, transparent plexi, blue plexi.