PDA

View Full Version : A question about this forum

Silkrooster
08-26-2004, 11:02 PM
I noticed that it is now possible to delete uploaded attachments. Also that the forum is keeping track of the space used by the attachments. My question is does the administrators have the intention of setting limits on the attachments? and if so are you going to make the end user resposible for removing old attachments, or are you going to have a first in first out cache?
Silk

riki
08-28-2004, 09:44 AM
It was possible to delete attachments previously on the old system. I'm not sure of the answer though.

Silkrooster
08-28-2004, 09:38 PM
hmmm... I guess I didn't pay that much attention to the old system. I thought it was something new. I am still curious about that though. As I don't see any other reason to delete an attachment. With the exeption of an error posted. But then the poster would normally just update that post with an edit or create a new post with the correct attachment. So I could see the forum being overloaded with incorrect attachments. Perhaps the administrators should include a message on the reply screen to have posters remove attachments that are no good with a link to that page.
Silk

riki
08-29-2004, 07:56 AM
I sometimes delete or replace attachments in the WIP Gallery forum, if I think I've posted too many images or what to update the first image.