PDA

View Full Version : watch

dilaima
08-26-2004, 03:39 PM
a new watch design i finished last day, but it can't b less grainy using fprime, it's now in the 250's refinement and still grainy, so i have to accept it as it, hope u like it :)

etobiason
08-26-2004, 04:33 PM
That grain is just from radiosity isn't it? I don't mind it at all. It's soft, like film, and it prints well. Interesting pic!

-e

tickle
08-27-2004, 12:21 AM
I think it would help if you put some bevels on the edges.
Since it looks like two different materials I would have put a moddeled edge
between the watch and the wristband.

miso popovic
08-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Did you use option FPrime Render or did you just use FPrime?

dilaima
08-30-2004, 04:25 AM
what is the difference, i think u mean fprime preview or fprime render, if so , the answer is i used fprime render.

veljko
08-30-2004, 08:32 AM
there is a difference between the two-
I think the image is interesting but you should kill the gap between the mirrors-It took me while to understand the image
I think the image would be better if the glass pieces were next to each other without the gap-

hope this helps!

wacom
08-30-2004, 12:09 PM
If you have a PC just download NeatImage (you can use it for free on images in small batches) and that noise should be long gone. If you'd have used it it would have probably only taken 5-20 steps- not 200+

I'm no expert on it but here it is, using your jpg, on auto settings.

dilaima
08-30-2004, 03:33 PM
wow, very good result, dunno if it can do like this for a less refinement (as 20), but actually i didn't liked the leather look after the retouching, anyway will give it a try with settings, can u give a link for netimage plz, and by the way is it a photoshop plugin?

wacom
08-30-2004, 04:51 PM
sure:

www.neatimage.com

The site looks a little getto...but the product is good!

miso popovic
08-31-2004, 04:00 AM
Try this- use FPrime preview and go to 20 refinemens, then use FPrime Render and do again 20 refinements- you'll see that the images are not the same, more over it will take you longer to get to the 20 refinements using FPrime Render(but a better image). That is my experiance. :)

Bytehawk
08-31-2004, 07:12 AM
indeed, the refinement n in the fprime renderer is not the same as the fprime preview window. Most of the time a 3 or 4 is enough for the renderer where as you could easily go to 20 in the preview window

wacom
08-31-2004, 11:15 AM
The only time I had to go above 4 was for a scene lit by HDRI that had the brightness cranked way up. I think I had to go to 5.5 or six. Many times I can get away with 1 or 2 if I use some noise reduction afterwords.

Yes there is a huge diffrence- and really in the end the renderer seems much faster than the previewer when it comes to final renders...there wouldn't be an Fprime renderer button if that weren't true!

dilaima
08-31-2004, 11:33 AM
thanks for all ur interrest and replies pplz, but there is a missunderstanding here, sorry for that.

originally by miso popovic:
Did you use option FPrime Render or did you just use FPrime?

here i though u asked me if i used fprime options or ffprime, and i didn't get what u mean, now i c that u r asking if it's renderer or preview, for this i answered u by:

what is the difference, i think u mean fprime preview or fprime render, if so , the answer is i used fprime render.

so it's clear that i'm not using fprime preview, coz i know that it's result is not as quality as renderer and i experienced a lot with fprime and know weel it's tricks and tweaks, so i always preview it in work process, and do fprime render for final product, and yes, even with render option , this watch tooked 250 refinement to take this look, it's hdri image world , with GI, with area light, with blurred reflection.
hope this clear the image.
10x again for u all.