PDA

View Full Version : things that should be in lw 8 POLL

cresshead
04-02-2003, 02:26 PM
hi here's my take on the features needed in thenext version of lw.

steve g

harhar
04-02-2003, 07:28 PM
not blind, just ignorant.

cresshead
04-03-2003, 03:05 AM
actually not "blind nor ignorant"..just that your have a go version of the poll for features wanted in lw 8 didn't include some of the options that i regard as absolute needs to be in there...such as a online help system which is searchable and also has detailed tutorials...maybe your too blind or ignorant to actually look at the poll i posted...:D

i believe the more user feeback newtek gets the better the prospects that lw 8 will fill in on all those gaps it currently has..the main gap i see is the very poor manual [and its index] with no tutorials and the non searchable nature of the pdf...not exactly a real app help file is it?...more a poor mans cobbled together notepad about lw7

also the " steam powered "way plugins are installed is really looking back to amiga days....we're 12 yrs on from that..things should be simpler by now yes?

steve g

Doran
04-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Where is the "vote 'no' on integration" column? I am vehemently against this idea; it's anti-Lightwave.

harhar
04-03-2003, 03:11 PM
PDF is searchable

if all plug in are automatically initialized everytime the program starts, it will dramatically increase loading time.

hrgiger
04-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Doran
Where is the "vote 'no' on integration" column? I am vehemently against this idea; it's anti-Lightwave.

Well, I think saying that integration is anti-lightwave is a little harsh. I mean, I prefer having modeler and lw seperate myself but if merging the two would mean better cross talk between layout and modeling operations, I'd be all for it. Like MD being able to use weight maps. Or sculpting bone deformations in layout. Just a few examples. But again, I can live either way.

Cresshead- The documentation isn't that bad if you actually choose to read it. It's apparent you don't because you would have known how to add buttons to the menu interface (from another thread). It's not that hard, and it was pretty easy to find in the index. The only real problem with the documentation as I see it is the book is too big, pages keep falling out of it because I've actually read it so many times. I'd like to see it broken up into smaller manuals (2 or 3 like LW 6 was). That or be spiral bound.