PDA

View Full Version : Yay, we're back on line!

mattclary
08-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Man, I only THOUGHT I was addicted to the forums! It's like crack!

Love the new look!

Mr-Wizard
08-26-2004, 11:26 AM
I thought this torment would never end!!! Wooooohoooooooo

Chuck
08-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Glad to be back! :)

For those who don't check the announcements at the top of each forum:

Our IT Staff have updated the forum software - they originally expected this would take a couple of hours, but it took over four hours to install the software, and then we needed to run the indexing functions to re-index the forum databases [which are huge - this board has been going for quite a while now] - that failed a few times, but finally ran to completion, and we are back online, all posts intact. As soon as we can correct some display problems with our custom templates and the new software, we'll be back to our more normal selves. For now we are using the default templates as we continue to work on and test our custom templates.

electropulse
08-26-2004, 11:37 AM
very nice, I like it.

UnCommonGrafx
08-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Ahhhh...

I once asked of a NewTek employee, what's it like to be on par with Eli Lilly and Bayer - Legal drug dealers!!!

Slap slap, yeah, put that NewTek in the vein...

(Quite graphic, for me. :rolleyes: )

Lynx3d
08-26-2004, 11:50 AM
yay forum's back...

but i have a question, is there a way to put the user info back to a column on the left? I don't like those fat bars between each post...
*glad that LWG changed it back*
(otherwise those forums would look like...identical btw :) )

Mylenium
08-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Yeah, it's back and it's looking soooo ugly. I really yearn for the old forum before NT ever even heard of vBulletin.

Mylenium

Chuck
08-26-2004, 01:28 PM
To repeat from my first post:

As soon as we can correct some display problems with our custom templates and the new software, we'll be back to our more normal selves. For now we are using the default templates as we continue to work on and test our custom templates.

Lynx3d
08-26-2004, 01:52 PM
okay...
you know, i am not that great in reading intentions from such vague formulations :D

Just thought it may be a default feature somewehere in the User CP and i just didn't find it again...

archiea
08-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Hey, I like the fact that the forum is in Lightwave 8 blue.....

art
08-26-2004, 04:05 PM
I just hope that all font size and color options will get disabled. I would hate to see this board to look like oh-so-many other message boards where its difficult to read anything through a parade of colorful texts, randomly sized fonts, big and small signature logos... you get the picture. Im sure you've seen one of such boards.

Macet01
08-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Back at last......back at last....thank God almighty.....we're back at last!!!!! :p

Dave Davies
08-26-2004, 04:42 PM
This wasn't here before, right? When you mouse over the subject and get a tag window of the text within?

Either way, I like it - not all subject lines are descriptive, and this method saves time.

Thanks!

Dave

riki
08-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Excellent, great to see an update, brings the forums up to date with the latest features.

Silkrooster
08-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey, Newtek Team
So far I like what I see with this forum. It looks much more professional. For a company that makes graphical programs it only makes sense to have a graphical forum. I hope you guys continue in the development of this forum. It shows how much you care about supporting your loyal customers.
Silk